Pages

Is Your “Type” Keeping You From Meeting Your “Right?”

You can ask anyone what they find attractive in a mate, and they will certainly have something to say. They will say, “I like my man to be tall, broad shoulders, tattoos, muscular, rich, blonde, etc, etc, etc” There is nothing wrong with that. Especially if your “type” is described by things like sensitive, patient, affectionate, or mature.
I have seen, on many occasions, where the physical attributes are so specific that they limit the woman’s odds considerably. Before you get all bent out of shape and pissed off at me because you should be able to date what you like, consider something. Much of what I write is meant to give you new perspective. So, clear your mind. What I am talking about is being so into your type that you miss out on someone that is great for you because he is a brunette instead of a blonde. What would you say if I promised you that you would meet a man that would be everything you dreamed of? He will treat you like a princess, listen and support you, love you unconditionally, and meet your every need. Imagine that man for a minute. There’s a catch. The catch is that the image that you have in your head now is not the way he will look. If he is tall, would you date a short man if it meant being truly happy? If his is young, add 15 years. Would you date that man if he was the man you deserve? If you have been dating muscular jerks, would you be open to the ideal man plus a few extra pounds?
I’m not advocating going out and finding the fattest short old guy you can find and asking him out. I am saying that you should take a minute and think about your “types.” Maybe it’s time for a change. Sometimes, when you seem to keep getting the same results it’s time for a chance. Again, I can speak on this from experience. For 15 years all I dated was brunettes. When my relationship ended with infidelity, I decided to shake things up a little. I dated a blonde. Maybe it was coincidence, maybe it was more than that, but the bottom line was that I found someone amazing. I found a connection with someone that was undeniable and unlike anything I ever felt before. Was it because she was blonde? Obviously not. However, I can tell you for certain that if I had continued to stay with my “type” like I always have, I would never have met her. I would have dated another brunette and missed out BIG.
I’m not making you a guarantee, but what do you have to lose? Everyone knows who Dr. Phil is. One of the things that he says that I love is “how’s that workin for ya?” If what you have been doing isn’t working, try something new.
Think about it.
C. Christian

No comments: