Pages

New Year’s Resolution

I’ve been giving some thought to what I want to resolve to do this year. When I was thinking about my resolutions as they pertain to my writing, I had a thought; “How about a resolution for my readers?”
I am going to challenge you with my resolution for you this year. I want you to make a change this year. I want you to step away from your negative thoughts and bad personal habits. Specifically, I want you to walk away from those that have to do with any and all self-deprecating thoughts or actions. I want you to leave behind ANYTHING that you see as a personal shortcoming. This is the year for you to shift your thoughts about yourself as far to the positive spectrum as possible. I want you to drop “I can’t”, “I don’t”, “I’ll never”, and the like from your thoughts and speech. I get letters from women about all kinds of relationship issues and concerns. Nearly all of them have something in common. Almost all of them include a thought process along the lines of “I don’t seem to be able to…” or “I don’t get while I always manage to…” It’s important to understand that thoughts are realities. If you think you can’t, then you will ultimately convince yourself that you can’t to the point of physically being unable to.
Your mind is powerful. It will always work to find solutions to making your thoughts realities. It can be simple things like finding the quickest route through a crowd at the mall. It also does this, completely subconsciously, with much more complex tasks like finding Mr. Right or having more rewarding relationships. It’s an amazing phenomenon. There is a whole movement based on this ideology centered on a book called “The Secret.” (A great read if you take the time.) The idea is if you believe that you attract dirt bag men, your brain is going to affect your subconscious thought and actions toward making that belief a reality. You will attract what you think. Positive attracts positive. This is especially true of personal relationships. People want to be around other people that are positive. It makes us feel better about ourselves. The power of attitude is so strong; it even affects the realities of those around us. So, if you think it does affect yours, you’re in for a surprise.
So, here is your mission. Focus on your strengths. Think on the things that are good about you and in your life. Be into yourself. Get away from negative people and situations. Don’t waste mental time and effort on the things you don’t like in your life. This isn’t about action. It’s much simpler then that. This is about thought alone. Every action starts with a single thought. Focus on this and really work on it!! If you can put this into practice on a daily basis, you will be amazed at how many things will start to fix themselves.
Happy New Year!! (I fully expect to hear from you about the positive things that happen to you this year.)
Can’t figure out some positives? Write me, and I will help you.
If you like my blogs PLEASE tell someone about my page. My words have no power until someone reads them.
C. Christian

No comments: